Monday, September 9, 2013

Essays

Today in class we discussed how some of us like to start creating essays. I would like to know some more techniques others like to use to start the essay process. I might like to try some of these techniques to start my essay process. Personally I like to go straight into research and writing a paper. Its a little easier for me to just start writing paragraphs. Brainstorming ideas and making a list just gets me mixed up in what claims/reasons I should put in a paper. Comment if you would like to share some ideas.

1 comment:

  1. It's always good to write about something you're interested personally. I think that allows you to come up with more ideas in general. For me, I never can go straight to writing paragraphs. I end up with a bunch of jumbled sentences. Instead, I like to write down the main points I want to talk about. As Sweeney says, it's good to think of an audience because that can help you come up with ideas. I also search for quotes or statistics that I find interesting that can contribute to what I'm taking about. Also, I've Googled about my topic to find out more things about it that I could talk about that interest me. I like to catch attention at the beginning of my paper too. Maybe a question to your audience or something like that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete